- Copper price have been free falling lately!!
- We have been seeing copper in the $3.80s for the past couple days now which is unusual considering for the majority of this year and pretty much all of last year we have been seeing copper in the $4 and above range.
- However, for a period of time when the US dollar was really strong last summer we did see a brief low of $3.23 a pound, but we have been hovering near or above 4 dollars ever since then.
- The biggest reasons why we are seeing this fall right now are concerns about the global economy and demand in China, the world’s biggest metals consumer.
- There is also has been recent downward pressure on the metal as well with the worlds second largest copper producer, Peru reopening their mining sector after months of protests that stopped production.
- We still believe copper has a bright future and as evidence of that we have not dropped our bare brite price, so now might be a good time to get all your copper scrap in.
- We will keep you updated with more info as we get it!
Explore the latest trends in the copper market with Sahd Metal Recycling’s insightful analysis. Despite the challenges posed by a strengthening US dollar, copper prices